Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pasta with Garbanzo Bean Garlic Sauce

P1270002

Garbanzo beans quickly became one of my favorite foods after I became a vegetarian. They're so versatile, and I love finding new ways to use them. For this recipe, the garbanzo beans are used to make a delicious pasta sauce!

Here's what you'll need: 
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed 
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt 
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper 
1 can garbanzo beans, drained 
1 cup vegetable base
1 box pasta, cooked and drained
1 tomato, chopped 
2 garlic cloves, minced 
1 tablespoon parsley 
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Here's what you'll do:
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add crushed garlic and sauté 1 minute.
3. Add salt, chickpeas, and vegetable base and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Place chickpea mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Combine chickpea mixture, pasta, tomatoes, minced garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Toss well and serve immediately.

Enjoy! xo.

6 comments:

  1. When did you become a vegetarian and why? I'm so curious. This looks really yummy too… I love pasta.
    Happy Superbowl Sunday (Let's go Pats!),CaseyGirl in the Poodle Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. chillairandperfumeFebruary 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

    It really was yummy!

    I became a vegetarian a little over a year ago for both ethical and health reasons. Have you seen the movie Forks Over Knives? That really solidified the decision for me. I feel the best I ever have since becoming a vegetarian!

    And yes - GOOO PATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chillairandperfumeFebruary 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

    It really was yummy!

    I became a vegetarian a little over a year
    ago for both ethical and health reasons. Have you seen the movie Forks
    Over Knives? That really solidified the decision for me. I feel the best
    I ever have since becoming a vegetarian!

    And yes - GOOO PATS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm Sounds amazing! Will have to give this one a whirl.
    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love all these vegetarian recipes! This looks delicious - thanks for sharing!

    Ali
    http://editorialistyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete